Welcome to St. Wilfrid’s. We are a Church of England church serving the communities of Davenham, Leftwich, Kingsmead and Gadbrook, and we are located on the outskirts of Northwich, Cheshire. Within the Middlewich Deanery, and in the Diocese of Chester.
We are a church which has a range of service types and styles; some formal –very much in keeping with the historic character of the church building – others much less so, so that there is something for everyone. Not forgetting our ‘Church with a Difference’, that meets presently every half term in local schools.
On Sunday mornings we have:– our fortnightly formal 9am Holy Communion,
– and our weekly 10:30am service which has a much more all age friendly feel. Please feel free to stay for drinks and chat afterwards. Crèche room facilities are available for under 3’s during the service. Junior Church for 3’s and over runs during the morning service, except for the “All Age” Service once a month where young people stay in for the whole service.
See link showing Sunday Services and themes this term.
At St Wilfrid’s you will be assured of a warm welcome, and an opportunity to worship God with other people in a friendly atmosphere. We are relaxed about the things we should be while taking Christ and His word seriously.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
This regulation came into effect on 25 May 2018 and applies to all businesses, charities and churches who keep personal details on computer. At St Wilfrid’s this applies to us all, not just the Church Office but also to office holders, activity and group leaders and anyone communicating on behalf of the parish.
1. Your personal details are treated as strictly confidential. This means e-mail addresses / phone numbers etc can only appear on Notice Sheets, published rotas or in e-mail circulation lists IF the person has specifically asked for them to be given. Names of the sick cannot be published but they can still be prayed for by name in church. Circulation lists should not be displayed when sending “church” e-mails.
2. We will only contact you about the events, activities or roles/duties about which you expect to receive information. We only use your details for the purposes outlined in our Parish Data Privacy Notice on display in Church and on our website.
3. We do not share your information with any third party without your consent (unless obliged to by law).
4. You now have the right to ask to see the personal data we hold about you, to ask us to correct or update it and restrict how we use it. More details in the Parish Data Privacy Notice.
Work to fully comply with GDPR, is on-going and, once we have completed the “Data Audit” to establish what lists are held by whom, further action may be required and will be advised in due course. In the meantime feel free to contact me if you need to know more.
email@example.com (e-mail address published with my consent 23/05/18)